Monday, April 27, 2009

Goal!




We are so excited for Ryan to have had such a special day last Saturday. We were surprised by several family members coming to watch his game. (I think they told me a while back that they were coming, but I forgot, which meant I was pleasantly surprised! Ignorance is bliss...) I counted FIFTEEN people who were there to cheer him on! Besides his daddy, mommy & Bekah, there was Ben, Rachael, Shari, David, Myah, Myah's friend Kaylee, Trey, Chris, Lisa, Kailey, Evan and Pa!

The very best part of it all was that he actually scored a GOAL in the game!! And it was in the right end of the field!!

His coach is so nice, and gave him "5" for scoring the goal. To make it even sweeter, his Pa gave him $5 for scoring the goal! Ryan's coach is awesome. During game 3, Bekah was on the sidelines blowing bubbles with a bubble wand. Ryan was in the game, but was watching Bekah & her bubbles. He tugged on Coach Aaron's shorts to show him the cool bubbles. The team was approaching the goal, but Aaron listened to Ryan, looked at Bekah and said "Cool!", then returned to focus on the game, unlike his younger counterpart.

Ryan was so funny the rest of the game. When the other team was working on kicking the ball down the field, he would leave the action, and run all the way to their goal to defend it. This often left him standing alone at one end of the field, while the ball and all the action went the other way. But man, was he ready!

Then there's his kicking style: go way back to get a good running start. Run as fast as he can to the sideline. Stop. Kick the ball.

With a little practice (hopefully before the season is over), he may become a very good soccer player. He's got the heart, now he just needs the head. And a little coordination would help, too.

I'm glad he got to experience success on the soccer field. But when I asked him at bedtime what was his favorite part of the day, he said "Being with my family, playing soccer, and catching two frogs." What a successful kid.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for blogging this. I love it. So sad to have missed being part of the 14! My rep, Kaylee Kramer, was there, though. I think it's awesome that he incuded the frogs as part of the best of his day...at least I got to be there for part of it.:-) And glad you took the frogs with you. Always love reading about your family and getting a vision of their true self.

Stephanie Harbin said...

It sounds like he has his priorities right. I am so happy that he is having fun with soccer. I wish we could have been there to watch him too.

love you,