Then my husband went on a mission trip, so the kids & I drove to said aunt's & uncle's house in Amarillo. We, again, had a fabulous time. It was like years of separation were melted away. It was so nice visiting with them. It's funny how we think of little things in a similar way. My aunt mentioned that something happened at my mom's birthday time. I looked at the clock, and knew exactly what she meant when I saw that it was 11:17. Mom's b-day is Nov. 17. Makes me wonder about that whole nature vs. nurture thing. There are some things that are just in your genes, even if they are weird things. = )
From Amarillo, we went to visit my cousin in another Texas town. Then back to my sister's and then home. We were home for a total of 6 hours more than my husband was that week. Oh, and never trust a Garmin to take you the shortest or safest route. I have learned to use a google map along with my Garmin and a free state map, plus the google free info phone number to find what I need.
The week after that, we went on vacation to New Mexico & Colorado. It was wonderful and beautiful, rainy and cold, but worth it nonetheless. Now we are back, I am just about over the bronchitis I picked up in Colorado. My daughter may have met the boy we will want her to marry, on that trip. We'll keep him on the radar, and be sure to check in with him at my nephew's birthday parties for the next ten years.
All the while, we've been having summer-long VBS at church, for which I teach "Bible Bayou". I really wanted to post some pics with all the things we set up for it. But alas, I didn't. Guess it's cuz I was on vacation so much. VBS has been so fun, but it is a lot of work, and I am tired. I am ready to teach my own kids.
I've been studying all summer, too, to begin homeschooling. There are plenty of reasons why I am not qualified to do this, and when I think of all the educators who might read this, I feel like I should apologize. However, I'm not worried about being unqualified. I'm really just worried about giving up without giving us a chance. A chance for my son & I to really communicate and trust each other, to learn together. I just hope my skin is thick enough to get us through the hard times.
So, we are starting Kindergarten tomorrow!! Well, today I guess, since it is 12:30am. I have a daily schedule, some lesson plans, and a set of goals. Oh yeah, and some incentives. Chic-fil-A, fudge, and a "toy-buying-day". If you call between 8 & 12 you'll get the machine. (You probably would anyway cuz I don't like the phone.) Please leave us a message and we'll get back to you during free time.
Here goes!!!
2 comments:
good luck julie. it's an adventure. also, sounds like you had an adventure this summer. hang in there w/ the homeschooling. there will be crazy days but then there will be days when you actually see him learn/get something new and it makes it worth it! have fun!
thanks for blogging...finally! :-) I'm excited about your new journey and eager to hear more about the lives of your family. As always I'll be praying for you all and God's guidance. You always make me happy and proud
Post a Comment