I'm reading this book right now called, "Friendships for Grown-ups" by Lisa Whelchel. I had to work for only 30 minutes Monday morning, and a friend had my kids. So I went to the library to get the book, and actually stayed there & read half of it! I never usually get more than a chapter in, before the library fines start piling up & I take the book back. Having strong friendships doesn't come easy. And like anything else, God would like to move in this area, but I hadn't invited him yet. I used to think of spiritual growth as something that we do on our own, just me & God. But Lisa explains that God really wants to use others to help us on that journey. I've also recently learned that the only reason I may allow myself to be hurt by others, is because I care so deeply about them. And I can't just throw that relationship away, I have to deal with it. It is much too valuable to lose.
Maybe I'll post more on the book when it's finished. However, Lisa warns that the process (of building real friendships) will take longer than expected. Posting on this blog regularly takes longer than expected too! So we'll see.
Think I'll go see if Facts of Life is on Netflix...
No comments:
Post a Comment