Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cool Conversations

I love documenting the cute little things our kids say.

This week, our son said, "Mom, I think that when it gets cold and snows, we should paint Toby so we don't lose him."

And I'm putting this here for my own benefit in about 10 or 20 years.

Today our son picked up a pillow and started to hit it on the dog's head. I stopped him and sent him to the corner. Then, what always happens during time-out, the phone rings and I forget that he's there. Finish the phone call, wonder why things are so quiet, and then realize where he is. So I go talk to him about it and tell him to apologize to the dog and to God. He picks up the dog, and then looks at me and says, "I already said sorry to God." I hug him all over, tell him how much I love him, and then tell him that every time he goes to God for forgiveness, God forgives him right then. I really hope he gets that. And I'm SO thankful he knows how to talk to God on his own.

Wow. That is huge.

Once again, Thank You Jesus!!

1 comment:

Sue said...

such a super blog. Ryan really does like Toby!!!!!! You are raising such a precious son. How awesome to know that he can talk to God freely and knows when he should!!!!! that is so cool that he can apologize without being told to do so. I love that boy. What a blessing he is! Always so blessed by him and can't thank God enough for Ryan and his family! wise of you to write this down so you'll have it, but so glad you share with us, too.