Wednesday, November 11, 2009

From the lips of children & infants you have ordained praise!

This morning I was reading my BSF notes, and it asked an application question about what do I need to have faith in obedience? Has Jesus already healed me, yet I refuse to get up & walk? And so I told God that I worry about my kid's salvation. I mean, we don't have a promise that they will follow Him, do we? God spoke comfort into my heart. Then Prov. 22:6 came to mind. "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." We can stand on God's word and trust His promises. And while it doesn't make sense to me, I accepted God's comfort and will (try my best to) trust Him with their souls.

Then Ryan woke up and came in the room. By this time I was onto the next question, about how to have eternal life, John 5:24,

24"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

I had just finished writing "hear God's word and believe in Jesus".

Ryan asked me why I was reading that, to which I said that I wanted to know how to go to Heaven. He asked how, and I said, "You have to know the Bible and believe in Jesus. Do you?" And he answered without a thought or hesitation, "yes."

"Do you know what 'believe' means?" "No."

"It means to trust Him, that He'll do what He says He'll do, and that He is real. Do you know that Jesus is real?" "Yes!" "Do you trust Him?" "Yes!"

"Well then..."

"Mom. You wanna see what this bakugan does?"...

God really answered my prayer. I'm not saying that we're gonna have him be baptized next week. I don't think he understands the whole sin thing. But I have the peace of God, which transcends understanding. And I really believe Ryan wants to know God and please Him.

Thank you Jesus!!!!!

1 comment:

Sue said...

This is the best blog ever. How beautiful. Thank you for sharing your heart with us, but more importantly thank you for sharing your love for Jesus with your children. how blessed they are. And how typical for a child to take a serious moment and turn it into one of joy and smiles.....exactly what can that bakugan do?