Friday, January 23, 2009

Baby Evan Is Here!

We knew he would come early. February 3 was his due date. He sister was 3 weeks early, so we were wondering what took him so long!
Baby Evan was born just a few hours after his mommy's water broke. She didn't even have time for an epidural or antibiotics! I am so thankful for such a smooth pregnancy and delivery for them.

Life is a miracle, don't you think?! It is beyond us to think about how life really is God-breathed! I've thought about how I would explain it to my kids, like when someone dies, why is their body here but they aren't? I would have to liken it to the poor crickets in our garage and bug cages that my son keeps. Here is the body of one cricket, and he can hop and chirp and eat. And here is the body of another one that has been in the cage too long without food or water. Where did the life go, and how did it get there to begin with? The physical matter didn't change. One moment it functioned and the next moment it didn't. What is this stuff called Life? Another question is-why does man think he can control it? Only God knows.

All I know is, another new life is on the earth, and I am privileged to be in his family. We commit to doing our best to take care of him by praying for him and loving on him. I told his big sister that God chose her to be his sister, that she is just the right person for the job. She thought that was pretty cool. As she fell asleep that night at our house, sandwiched in between our two kids, she said, "the baby is sooooo cute!"



My good friend Amanda & I were talking about him, and wondering if our loved ones in Heaven know when we have joy in our lives like the joy a new baby brings. I tend to think that souls begin in Heaven, so Mamaw would have known Evan even before we did.

I can't wait to see what life he will bring to our family!





Bekah is here with Evan's cousins from the other side of his family.

Ryan is so proud to be the big boy cousin for Evan! He can't wait to take him fishing!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love the b/w pic that has Baby Evan colored! it's cool!

Stephanie Harbin said...

Great pictures and great insight! Of this we are sure, God knew him be!