Friday, January 23, 2009

Bekah Van Gogh?

This may not look like much to anyone else, but I was really amazed when Bekah told me about her drawing.

She said it is Disney World (/dis-eh-nee - wuh-uld/) because is it "Everything!" she said as she swirled her hand around in a big circle, "it's fun, and pwincesses, and Mickey Mouse and...." on and on.

Gotta write this down so I don't forget: Bekah loves to draw. She loves blank paper! I got her some of those journals w/ the black & white covers that high schoolers use for essays. Target had them on clearance for like $0.21 each. That is her favorite thing to take with her to places where we have to wait. To show how different kids can be, she chose a little notepad with kittens for Kailey for Christmas. When Kailey opened it, she said she didn't like it because "every page is the same." She's right. But not after Bekah got a hold of it! Right now Bekah writes from right to left, but I think it's because she is left-handed, and she can see it better. She also mostly draws those tiny circles. Just recently she started drawing lines (see picture). She'll draw four little circles to write her name, and then spell it out loud, "B-K-A-H".

I just love her smile in this picture! This picture also answers why she has little black dots on the belly of all her shirts. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: